Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chicken and Rice

This recipe is super easy, and contains ingredients I usually have on hand, so it's good for those "Wait, I was supposed to make dinner?" nights. And yes, you heard me right, I am posting a recipe with RICE in it, and I love it. My mom reminded me of this one, that I loved growing up, when she came to help out after my second was born.

I've included proportions that feed Curtis and myself, for a bigger family simply double the recipe and prepare in a 9x13 pan.

1 Large chicken breast, defrosted and cut in half
1 cup of rice
2 cups of warm water
1 can of cream of chicken soup
approx 2 teaspoons (or half of a season packet) Italian dressing mix

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix everything except the chicken in a 7x11 casserole pan.
3. Place chicken on top and cover with tinfoil.
4. Bake for 30-45 min, remove tinfoil and bake for an additional 15 min.
5. Let cool, and enjoy!

Pictures to follow

No comments:

Post a Comment